Everyone knows penises can range in size from Michelangelo’s David to adult-entertainer, Remington Steele. However, there’s not a lot of talk about the shape of the manhood. Yet its shape has a big effect on pleasure for a partner, but also on a man’s health. Let’s talk a little about male penile shapes, normal and abnormal, as well as how to maximize pleasure and when shape can mean that something might need a closer look from a doctor.
1) The Straight and Narrow – This is a penis that is the same size from base to tip and is on the thinner side. Completely normal, the lack of girth can sometimes be a challenge for sexual satisfaction with a partner. Choose positions that create a tight fit, most notably by bringing a partner’s thighs close together to create a narrower passage resulting in a small space and more friction for both partners. A long, thin penis is also nothing to worry about and is totally normal.
2) The Gherkin – A man with a smaller penis that resembles the shape of the famed smaller pickle has often gotten a bad rap. With a little creativity and a lot of attention, both partners can achieve plenty of pleasure. Choose positions that allow for maximum depth and access to a female partner’s other erogenous zones. Couples can also additionally use sexual aides that are meant for the inner part of a woman’s vagina during sex, increasing pleasure for both parties. Oral and manual stimulation also bring plenty of pleasure.
Men who have an undersized penis should have their testosterone levels periodically checked as they age, as this is generally caused by inadequate levels of testosterone during fetal development.
3) The Tapered Tip – This penis shape is thicker at the base and narrows out at the tip, sort of resembling a rocket pop. This is a completely normal penis shape and can be very pleasurable for partners, as it provides depth and fullness without potential pain due to the narrowing of the tip.
4) A Modest Curve – A curved member is not at all uncommon, and generally, many men have a curve in their penis of 10 degrees or less that develops during puberty. Any host of sexual positions are pleasant with this penis shape, and female partners may be particularly enthusiastic, because men with moderately curved penises have a better chance of stimulating the G-spot during intercourse.
5) A Wicked Curve – While a curved member is not at all uncommon, a curve in any direction of 30 degrees (some would argue a curve of more than 15 degrees) or more is a cause for concern. If that curve is accompanied by painful erections and intercourse, the owner of such a penis may have Peyronie’s disease, which is caused by scar tissue in the penile canals.
Generally, medication and/or surgery is needed to alleviate the disease. This disease affects nearly one of out of four men over 40, so it’s more common than might be believed.
No matter the shape, a daily penis care regimen will keep a member strong, supple, and ready for action. Be sure to engage in blood-pumping exercise each day to stimulate blood flow. Protect the penis whenever playing sports or cycling to prevent injury.
Build a good grooming routine which includes daily cleansing with a gentle cleanser. Follow up with a specially formulated penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin). Moisturizing with this type of special crème, made explicitly for penises promotes penis health and function. Look for vitamins like A, B, C, D, and E, as well as penis-boosting nutrients like L-Carnitine and L-Arginine. Combined with a natural moisturizing base like Shea butter, regular use will strengthen the member and make him attractive to all who meet him.